"What I want to say is this: - If you logically try to persuade a person that there is no absolute reason for shedding tears, the person in question will cease weeping. That's self evident. Why, I should like to know, should such a person continue doing so?"

"If such were the usual course of things, life would be a very easy matter," replied Raskolnikoff.

- Crime and Punishment, Dostoevsky

Monday, August 4, 2008

Yes, I'm wearing the same shirt

Stopped off at a municipal park on the way up here. Then checked into the Motel de Violence (details later) before heading to Michael's mom's. Three of his sisters were there with their kids, who aren't really kids anymore given that one of them just returned from Europe, another is taking science classes in Cozumel, another was approached to be a contestant in a bikini contest. I hadn't seen the boys since my trip to Toronto when I had an animated argument with that CTV exec because he didn't like my super-cool CBC shirt. Effer.
The trip up was long, but it always is. It hurt my ass. I drove for some strange reason. The municipal park wasn't that great, but it sure was nice to get out and stretch our legs and have a bite to eat in Princeton before the final leg to Penticton.
Michael's sister and his nieces are staying at the same hotel as us and advised us that there was some kind of altercation at the motel last night and that the police had to be called. Suh-weet. And as I write this, some dumb fucking wankers are loitering outside the door of our room smoking and talking (WHO STILL SMOKES?).
Anyways. Ate and drank too much already on the first day. I should pretty much retire from marathoning since I have ceased to be an athlete and have become a huge hedonist.
Right. So after the South Park movie is over, I'm totally going to be drunk and tell those people to shut up and then get into an altercation and be arrested.

No comments: