"What I want to say is this: - If you logically try to persuade a person that there is no absolute reason for shedding tears, the person in question will cease weeping. That's self evident. Why, I should like to know, should such a person continue doing so?"

"If such were the usual course of things, life would be a very easy matter," replied Raskolnikoff.

- Crime and Punishment, Dostoevsky

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Doing it.

Getting back on solid ground. It's been a while.
Yeah. I really don't have much to say. Thought of some witty things while I was riding the bike today but I forget them all. Okay, in all reality I probably thought of one witty thing and it probably wasn't even all that bright so... yeah.
In weird you-should-buy-a-lottery-ticket news, I am just finishing off "Crime and Punishment" and it mentions Vauxhall, which was also mentioned in "Vanity Fair". One hundred points to anyone that gets any of this paragraph.
My period leaked onto my pants at work, which was really enjoyable. Oh, I guess I should have warned male readers (mail readers) before I just blurted that out. There are two menstruation related quotes that I often ponder. The first is the saying, "Would you trust something that bleeds for seven days and doesn't die?". The second is Michael telling me that Martina Hingis won Wimbledon (?) while having her period (ergo, what am I complaining about?).
So, you know, I'm really rockin' it. Coffee with work husband. The Robot Liberator said he felt the urge to mess up my hair (cause it was a bit disheveled today) and - it was really effing hard - but I kept my libidinous comments to myself. Continue to not attend the clinic (apparently people have stopped asking where I am). Maybe next week. Ate dinner. Cuddled with my new running shoes. Another marathon phone call from Michael, his first words were, "Why didn't you call me?". I love him. He is so, so good to me.
Hm. Just wrote a bunch of gushy stuff about him and deleted it. I have a reputation to maintain.

No comments: