"What I want to say is this: - If you logically try to persuade a person that there is no absolute reason for shedding tears, the person in question will cease weeping. That's self evident. Why, I should like to know, should such a person continue doing so?"

"If such were the usual course of things, life would be a very easy matter," replied Raskolnikoff.

- Crime and Punishment, Dostoevsky

Saturday, September 13, 2008

Hello

Slept alright. More weird dreams (what else is new).
Feeling particularly solitary lately. I used to utterly hate that feeling and had to be surrounded by someone or doing something all the time. Last night, taking the seabus home, I was just so happy to be listening to my tunes and watching the beautiful Vancouver skyline shrink as we powered away. And I was happy to think that I was going home to be by myself and do things that I wanted to do. Like throwing rocks at wasps nests, watching BBC and smoking pot. I'm a complex girl.
It's a beautiful day out there. I am meeting up with L for coffee in a couple of hours and then visiting my grandmother and step-grandfather. And then, perhaps, if C isn't totally knackered from his 26 kilometre trail race today, we may get together for a beer.
And then I will go home. And start hyperventilating about the 21 miles that I want (well not really want, but need rather) to run tomorrow. Five miles short of a full.
Yowsa.

No comments: