"What I want to say is this: - If you logically try to persuade a person that there is no absolute reason for shedding tears, the person in question will cease weeping. That's self evident. Why, I should like to know, should such a person continue doing so?"

"If such were the usual course of things, life would be a very easy matter," replied Raskolnikoff.

- Crime and Punishment, Dostoevsky

Sunday, September 14, 2008

I like Sapporo beer

I, however, do not like running 17 miles. Slept like a rock last night (finally) and then went down to Michael's to go for a run. We ran (only) two bridges and I had a really hard time. I don't think I had fully recovered from last week's 19 miler, and Michael felt the same way. My body felt like it was shutting down over the last four or five miles and I walked a lot. Whatever. I just hope I recover by next Sunday because we have a 22 or 23 miler which takes us over the three bridges and then into West Vancouver before doubling back for North Van and running up Keith Road. Have I mentioned how much I hate Keith? All runs end with that frickin' two kilometre uphill battle which is NOT what you want to end with if you are running more that 13 or 14 miles. I think I crawled up it during the last clinic.
Then Michael and I showered and sat on his deck and watched mud wasps and I tried to keep my eyes open. Then we napped, but this wasn't sufficient so Michael had a cold water bath and I was like, "Try not to wake me: I'm really tired" and then he came back to bed and put his freezing, damp legs on my hot bod.
Lastly, we had Chinese food and watched a new movie with Helen Hunt, Colin Firth and Bette Davis which was pretty good.
Then we got into some pretty heavy conversation and now I'm feeling kind of depressed and my dishwasher appears to be leaking.
These instances are independent of one another.