"What I want to say is this: - If you logically try to persuade a person that there is no absolute reason for shedding tears, the person in question will cease weeping. That's self evident. Why, I should like to know, should such a person continue doing so?"

"If such were the usual course of things, life would be a very easy matter," replied Raskolnikoff.

- Crime and Punishment, Dostoevsky

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Random things

My legs really fucking hurt today. I went to the clinic. Haven't been in... I don't even remember. I think I went once after my dad died. I need to keep going. I'm having a weird sense of deja vu as I write this, so likely the one time that I blogged after going after August 6th I had similar feelings.
We were supposed to do five hills, but it hurt so much that I thought I would make do with four, but the guy I was running with kept pushing me and so I did five. It was cool. It was just what I needed. I jogged back to the clinic feeling that I had accomplished something instead of that crap feeling that comes with having bailed (though really, I did run 30 kilometres yesterday).
So here's a random thing that comes up from time to time. I would love for people to comment on this to know if I'm insane, or if other people experience this too. I will interject here that I'm not stoned or drunk, just tired and contemplative.
Okay, the thing is this: do you ever have dreams about someone that you know that are so real and so moving that you almost feel as though they must have gone through it as well? Is this making any sense? It's like having an experience with a person in real life, except you dreamed the whole thing, and then for the whole day you ponder that experience, that connection, and it's affected you, but it's not real. And then sometimes I think, "Am I supposed to tell the person about this?". I feel bad having emotionally charged dreams about people that I know and not letting them know that they were a part of it.
Raise your hands if I've lost you and you think I'm insane.
I thought as much.

No comments: