"What I want to say is this: - If you logically try to persuade a person that there is no absolute reason for shedding tears, the person in question will cease weeping. That's self evident. Why, I should like to know, should such a person continue doing so?"

"If such were the usual course of things, life would be a very easy matter," replied Raskolnikoff.

- Crime and Punishment, Dostoevsky

Thursday, February 7, 2008

All right, if not Europe...

Does anyone want to take a train across Canada with me? Why would you not want to spend an inordinate amount of time with me in cramped quarters? Am I not a joy to be with?
In other news. Went to the annual address with Michael on Tuesday night. I entertained myself, whilst talk of Norway’s sovereign funds and the overall good run by Potash abounded, by drawing pictures of: a fat cat; a money tree; and a pig at the trough. Oh yeah, and we had the Academy of Music for Gifted Children or whatever, in orchestra as we mounted the stairs. I think it was “Mo’ Money, Mo’ Problems”, but I could have been mistaken.
After that we walked down to the seabus and had a drink at the Transcontintal which was handy. I think I’ll pop in there every day after work. No, one better: every day before work!
Yesterday it snowed. Read an interesting article in Vanity Fair and went to bed, lamenting that I can’t do Reverse Triangle Pose. I just don’t bend that way.
Via Rail. Come on, it'll be fun! We can go to... Camrose.

1 comment:

Godinla said...

I'll go if you're paying. Let me charge my iPod and I'll meet you at the station. Wait...are you going to tell me about all points of interest? I can't deal with that. I just wanna pretend like I know what everything is. One monument is all monuments.