"What I want to say is this: - If you logically try to persuade a person that there is no absolute reason for shedding tears, the person in question will cease weeping. That's self evident. Why, I should like to know, should such a person continue doing so?"

"If such were the usual course of things, life would be a very easy matter," replied Raskolnikoff.

- Crime and Punishment, Dostoevsky

Monday, February 25, 2008

And it was a Yaris, to boot

I want a mulligan. I mean, really? This is my day off? Cancelled my allotted 6:45 appointment with ICBC because, um, I had already spent an inordinate amount of time speaking to ICBC as it was and because my neck, back and head hurt a lot and I thought taking the prescribed muscle relaxants and just trying to unwind a little would be the way to go.
Just like the car accident I witnessed when I was out for a jog back in the Kerrisdale days: I keep replaying it over and over in my mind. The impact was stunning. Made all the more surprising because I didn't see or hear it coming: the guy hadn't even braked. At least if I'd heard squealing brakes I would have looked in the rearview mirror and seen was what coming. But no. Just sitting there, minding my own business and all of a sudden I've been knocked senseless. It blows my mind that someone would leave the scene as well. He asked me if I was alright and I said no and he left anyways (after offering to give me money: what the hell was that about?).
I should count my blessings: if I hadn't had my seatbelt on I would've cracked my head on the dash. My car seems to be fine (though I guess I still need to get in to ICBC), I haven't broken anything, and I have a kickass prescription.
I wish I had some more exciting news, but it's snot to be. I think I've mentioned this before (possibly it was on the old blog), but can people stop driving into my car?
Alright. And this concludes my long weekend.

No comments: