"What I want to say is this: - If you logically try to persuade a person that there is no absolute reason for shedding tears, the person in question will cease weeping. That's self evident. Why, I should like to know, should such a person continue doing so?"

"If such were the usual course of things, life would be a very easy matter," replied Raskolnikoff.

- Crime and Punishment, Dostoevsky

Monday, February 18, 2008

Giddy

Today I received a group email from one of the leaders of our running clinic congratulating us on a job well done on Sunday. She mentioned that, as her group was descending from the mountains, basking in the sunshine and looking at the beautiful views someone yelled, “I love my life!”. Damn straight. I had that same feeling yesterday as well as I ran with my own group, our breaths misting the air, the sun warming our steaming bodies, listening to the rhythmic scuff of a half dozen pair of runners hit the pavement, the distinctive sound of a raven’s hoarse cry reverberating overhead.
Here’s my giddy announcement. Michael is coming over for dinner tonight, and I’m all a-twitter. I think it’s rather fantastic that, though we dated for over 6 years and lived together for 5 (and, furthermore, that I see him at least 4 times a week currently), I am so excited by the prospect of having dinner with him. C asked me how things were going last night and I was pleased to announce that they were going well. I also think it’s funny that Michael and I have been “outed” within our running community. He does not like talking about his personal life, but apparently when he was running with another guy on Sunday he was asked what the deal with me was, so he had to cough it up. Normally when someone asks him, he looks at me and says, “I don’t know, what is our status?” or something equally inane, but I was too busy making snow angels and trying to convince myself that we weren’t being tracked by cougars about half a kilometer behind him, so he couldn’t deflect the conversation onto me.
Lastly, several of you have probably received an email from me regarding the proposed power project in the Upper Pitt River area. I do encourage you to attend the public hearings so that we can prevent the government’s invasion into parkland: your parkland. http://www.wildernesscommittee.org/campaigns/publiclands/rpps/action

No comments: