"What I want to say is this: - If you logically try to persuade a person that there is no absolute reason for shedding tears, the person in question will cease weeping. That's self evident. Why, I should like to know, should such a person continue doing so?"

"If such were the usual course of things, life would be a very easy matter," replied Raskolnikoff.

- Crime and Punishment, Dostoevsky

Friday, February 22, 2008

Hey look! Duder's whining again!

Okay. I just spent an hour writing a blog that, upon review, made me want to kick my own ass.

I've been wrestling with this concept for a few years now, and I'm simply going around in circles. Marriage: societal norm? archaic? out-dated? necessary? idealistic? overly-romantic?

Please to help. I would love, love for people to give me some feedback (email is listed on my blog profile). Responses will be regarded as confidential.

No comments: