"What I want to say is this: - If you logically try to persuade a person that there is no absolute reason for shedding tears, the person in question will cease weeping. That's self evident. Why, I should like to know, should such a person continue doing so?"

"If such were the usual course of things, life would be a very easy matter," replied Raskolnikoff.

- Crime and Punishment, Dostoevsky

Monday, February 25, 2008

I have whiplash!

Isn't that great? Yeah, so far my day off has consisted of being rear ended, spending a lot of time with firemen (thank you, oh merciful lord), paramedics and a police officer, chatting with ICBC, going to the doctor's and... I get to go in to ICBC later tonight. These are the best kinds of days off, no?
In other news: I got a prescription for some pain killers. I may save a couple for after the marathon, providing the asshole that hit me hasn't done some serious and long lasting damage which will take me out of the running (get it? running? oh, I'm so funny even with this screaming headache). Oh, and the first guy on the scene -a fireman, and why are they always first on the scene anyways? I wasn't on fire - was hot. He was the only one that didn't make me feel like a loser for crying. Yes, I was crying. I don't like getting in car accidents. Who knew?
So, right. Happy fucking Monday.

No comments: