"What I want to say is this: - If you logically try to persuade a person that there is no absolute reason for shedding tears, the person in question will cease weeping. That's self evident. Why, I should like to know, should such a person continue doing so?"

"If such were the usual course of things, life would be a very easy matter," replied Raskolnikoff.

- Crime and Punishment, Dostoevsky

Sunday, February 10, 2008

Heh heh

Been a little busy. Since 5pm on Friday I have accomplished the following (these are not in any particular order): taken the BC Ferries twice; eaten Thai; ran 10 kilometres; got stood up at a winery; had the best oatmeal EVER; learned the intricacies of how to inflate an inflatable mattress; visited Sydney; exposed the extent of my love life to my running group; watched the worst fucking movie in the world; made a friend; watched a really great movie; drank cider; bought cider; saw a gonkey; won a game of Probe; returned to my Kerrisdalean stomping grounds; achieved... you know, that thing that's been eluding me since 2006; repeatedly and unexplainably managed to get mud on my pants, over and over again; ate bacon; almost got into fisticuffs with this ridiculous punk fuck on the 98 B Line; ate delicious homemade pie.
I dunno. There's a story there. And I'm sure I'm missing some things that occured that were of significance. I hugged four people IN ONE DAY. That's pretty huge, no?
Bagged. I. Am. Bagged.
More coherent blog with pictures to come later.
Thanks to JupiterGirl and her Saltspring Island companion for showing me and A such a fantastic time. I had so much fun. I endeavor to do it more often!

No comments: