"What I want to say is this: - If you logically try to persuade a person that there is no absolute reason for shedding tears, the person in question will cease weeping. That's self evident. Why, I should like to know, should such a person continue doing so?"

"If such were the usual course of things, life would be a very easy matter," replied Raskolnikoff.

- Crime and Punishment, Dostoevsky

Thursday, August 30, 2007

Is it Friday yet?

Cause I get to have curry with Big D on Friday night. This has been Duder's week of eating great meals with attractive men. Which will be subsequently followed by me spending an inordinate amount of time trying to get cat hair off my clothes this weekend.
I really have nothing exciting to report today. I have to run the hills that I was supposed to run last night tonight. Ten of them. And I'm tired. I bet a donut would help matters. Donuts are the answer to everything.
Oh, I do have one weird thing to report. The CEO of the company comes into my office today and starts with, "So, you're a woman,". I swivel around in my chair and look at him with an arched eyebrow. He looks a bit scared. Then he proceeds to ask me what kind of clothing items do I discuss when I'm out with my girlfriends. He's like, "Do you talk about jeans, or jewellery or?". Totally puzzled, I say, "Um, why?" to which he replies that the "why" isn't important. I ponder this and then say, "We don't really talk about clothes," and glance pointedly at my Rockport sandals, my capri pants and black blouse, all set off with the $4 necklace I got at Le Chateau. He replies, "Right. You're a BC girl". What does that mean? I think it's complimentary. I said, "I'm sure the Yaletown women talk about shoes and jeans-" at which point he cuts me off and throws out the name of some brand of jeans I've never heard of. I think the blank look on my face drove the point home: I'm not much of a fashionista. I mentioned sunglasses and purses. He went "Ah! Yes! Sunglasses. It will all be made clear to you soon" and then walked back into his office.
Weirdest conversation ever. Oh, except for the time he bumped into me by the elevators and asked me how the "man hunting" was going. That was frickin' awesome.

No comments: