"What I want to say is this: - If you logically try to persuade a person that there is no absolute reason for shedding tears, the person in question will cease weeping. That's self evident. Why, I should like to know, should such a person continue doing so?"

"If such were the usual course of things, life would be a very easy matter," replied Raskolnikoff.

- Crime and Punishment, Dostoevsky

Friday, August 17, 2007

Random thoughts

I'm so happy it's Friday. Got a pretty balanced weekend filled with sleep, friends and running. Followed by more sleep. And possibly some napping.
Had an enjoyable lunch: a little whole wheat bow tie pasta with some red pepper, avocado and curry powder. Occasionally I make something edible! Who knew. I'm the next Martha Stewart. In that I've spent time in jail. Kidding.
Spoke to a grown man called "Bobby" on the phone today. I would think that, at some point, saying during high school when the hallways are rife with people wanting to stuff you in lockers and give you wedgies (well that was my experience anyways) you would drop the "y" and become Bob. Maybe Robert. My brother, dissatisfied with the lengthy "Jason" pared down to the nominal "Jay". But no, this man is called "Bobby" so I had to say, "Hi Bobby, thanks for returning my call". It was just all sorts of wrong.
I have some pretty wicked bad breath, so I'm going to go get some gum now. So don't try and kiss me until I get it. I know you want to, but you'll just have to wait.

No comments: