"What I want to say is this: - If you logically try to persuade a person that there is no absolute reason for shedding tears, the person in question will cease weeping. That's self evident. Why, I should like to know, should such a person continue doing so?"

"If such were the usual course of things, life would be a very easy matter," replied Raskolnikoff.

- Crime and Punishment, Dostoevsky

Monday, August 27, 2007

Who wants to run around in circles with me tonight?

The same over-coffeeing situation occurs at Tim Horton's: it's not just a Starbucks thing. So I order my medium coffee and lone Timbit and I am now in possession of more coffee than I think it is possible to drink. But I will try hard. Yes. Hence the question: who wants to run around in circles with me tonight? It will be fast paced and dizzying. My enunciation will suffer and my gesticulations will be so wild that it will appear to those not in the know that I am attempting lift off.
Also, I picked up one of the two pairs of eyeglasses I ordered on Friday. I donned them en route to Tim's and noticed that men, from afar, were glancing/staring at me. I surreptitiously checked that I hadn't inadvertently tucked my skirt into my underwear before leaving the office building, thereby eliciting unwanted attention but no, my derriere was safely covered. I should wear glasses more often. It was quite a treat to be able to place an order at Tim's not because I had memorized their menu, but because for once I could see it. I wonder too, if I am to smile at one of these men, would they perhaps offer me a bit? Maybe if I do tuck my skirt into my underwear I can score a whole donut.
Things to contemplate, no doubt.

No comments: