"What I want to say is this: - If you logically try to persuade a person that there is no absolute reason for shedding tears, the person in question will cease weeping. That's self evident. Why, I should like to know, should such a person continue doing so?"

"If such were the usual course of things, life would be a very easy matter," replied Raskolnikoff.

- Crime and Punishment, Dostoevsky

Saturday, August 11, 2007

My friday night alone

If you know me well, you know that I have a pretty hectic social schedule. Between running, family and friends I usually have something going on every night. Last night I couldn't find anyone to play with. I was left alone. I tore up the pillows on the couch and urinated on the carpet. I got into the garbage under the sink. I went and picked out some movies at Rogers and watched "Reality Bites" and drank too much wine. It was really good (the movie and the wine). Downloaded a bunch of kick ass music on iTunes.
Had a rather illuminating conversation with Typewriter. It was the most frank, honest and intimate conversation that we'd ever had. It was really good. We have a lot in common. I think we "get" each other. It's always nice to learn that you're not alone with your various pathologies.
I'm in a really good mood today. I'm going to clean my apartment. I'm not sure what I'm doing tonight, but that's okay, I'll have fun regardless. Happy happy joy joy. I might have a nap. I have to go to London Drugs to get Gatorade for tomorrow's 29k run. I'm trying to blot that out of my mind.

No comments: