"What I want to say is this: - If you logically try to persuade a person that there is no absolute reason for shedding tears, the person in question will cease weeping. That's self evident. Why, I should like to know, should such a person continue doing so?"

"If such were the usual course of things, life would be a very easy matter," replied Raskolnikoff.

- Crime and Punishment, Dostoevsky

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Worst. Sushi. Ever.


I forgot my lunch today, and I just had the worst sushi that I have ever had the misfortune of experiencing from Sushi Express in Sinclair Centre. I knew I should’ve gone with A&W! I would bet my eyeteeth that the salmon in the salmon rolls came from a CAN. Canned salmon! We are like two blocks from the ocean, and I’m getting canned salmon! Okay, I’m done now. The silver lining to the cloud would be that I don’t have to make dinner: I can just eat the lunch I left at home this morning. I made it with love and tenderness, so I know it’s going to be good. I even put a little note in my lunch bag. It says, “Dear T-. You brighten my day immeasurably, and you look really cute in those cargo pants. Sometimes I prop myself up on one elbow just to watch you sleep. And I try on your underwear when you’re out with your friends. And I’ve cut some of your hair and fastened it to a voodoo doll that I pierce with flaming hot needles when you spend too much time with your friends and leave me to my own devices”. Jesus. I need to lighten up a little.
I get to look after Po’s cat this weekend. It appears that all my friends are leaving for the labour day weekend. N and Skyhammer are going to the Okanagan. Po and Steve are embarking on another road trip. Big D is spending some quality time with his family in Salmon Arm. I get to spend time with Kitty. I always knew it would come to this: me, alone, with a cat. I just always thought that it would be my cat. That’s okay. Who wants to go wine touring in the Okanagan anyways? Pshaw. What with the turning leaves, and the crisp chill to the air in the morning and the light fog, hovering, gauze-like around the perimeter of the lakes. Holding hands while walking along the lakeshore, turning to peer up into your lover’s face with smiling eyes and a nose and cheeks slightly reddened by the evening breeze. Dude. I get to play with a cat.
Um. If anyone makes it to Blasted Church, I’ll gladly reimburse you for a bottle of Hatfield’s Fuse. And I recommend dinner at the Hooded Merganser (for its wondrous trifecta of good food, excellent wine and beautiful architecture).
Meow.

No comments: