"What I want to say is this: - If you logically try to persuade a person that there is no absolute reason for shedding tears, the person in question will cease weeping. That's self evident. Why, I should like to know, should such a person continue doing so?"

"If such were the usual course of things, life would be a very easy matter," replied Raskolnikoff.

- Crime and Punishment, Dostoevsky

Thursday, August 16, 2007

Nesting



















My furniture came today. Let the nesting begin. I had totally anticipated accomplishing the 10k that is scheduled for today, but I have been unpacking, setting up and piecing together stuff for almost two hours. I am a big fan of instant gratification.
Remind me, the next time I see you, to tell you how I was able to flip my old kitchen table (you know, the one that weighs about 100 pounds) on its side and remove its legs. It's all about cantilevering and leverage, baby.
So yep, it's all set up. I'm pretty happy. It's nice having kitchen chairs again. I'm glad the hole in my living room has been filled.
Okay. I'm starving and tired so here are some pics of the new kitchen table and chairs, the leather sectional piece I got, and the rocks I brought back from Lasqueti. What? I handpicked them myself. They rock. Get it?
Thanks. I'm here all week.

No comments: