"What I want to say is this: - If you logically try to persuade a person that there is no absolute reason for shedding tears, the person in question will cease weeping. That's self evident. Why, I should like to know, should such a person continue doing so?"

"If such were the usual course of things, life would be a very easy matter," replied Raskolnikoff.

- Crime and Punishment, Dostoevsky

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

My furniture's coming, my furniture's coming!

Just got a voice mail from EQ3 to arrange a time for my furniture to be delivered! Hooray! Unfortunately now I will have two kitchen tables until my brother comes to pick the old one up. Maybe I can entice them to fight or something. Ultimate Table Fighting. And I still don’t have any kitchen chairs. You know, maybe I’m not so happy about the furniture coming, because clearly I’m not ready for it. I should really go chair shopping after work today. That is what I will do. Let it be so. I have much sitting to do tonight!
I just hope my brother comes soon, because I’ve got a new couch coming in 2 – 3 weeks as well. So that would mean two couches and two dining room tables for an indeterminate period of time. Oh my god what have I done…
I need to get a new bed too. I’ve found some nice beds actually, but they are the ones that have built in storage (you can lift the bed up and put stuff underneath). But then what do I do with my box spring? The lift-up beds have built in box springs and you simply put the mattress on top.
This is just overwhelming. It’s so much easier to have ratty crap. When people come over now, I’m going to say I have two of everything to cater to my split personality.

No comments: