"What I want to say is this: - If you logically try to persuade a person that there is no absolute reason for shedding tears, the person in question will cease weeping. That's self evident. Why, I should like to know, should such a person continue doing so?"

"If such were the usual course of things, life would be a very easy matter," replied Raskolnikoff.

- Crime and Punishment, Dostoevsky

Wednesday, August 8, 2007

A three blog day!

Okay, I have no life and someone really ought to take away my internet connection, but I had to blog this, before hitting the sack.
I went to go shut off my phone about half an hour ago and, as it's in my greasy little hand, it rings. And it's Typewriter. I'm like "Hello?" and totally perplexed and unable to articulate. He's just calling in to see how I'm doing. I'm thinking, huh, I've had some major epiphanies today and it's really rad that he's calling to make sure I'm doing well. I think I ended the conversation with something brilliant like, "Have a really great Thursday". Stellar. Stunted, much?
Like one minute later I get an email from N: she wants to do brunch this weekend. I think she is surprised that the old blog is dead and is concerned for my mental well-being. Or maybe she just wants to regale me with the brilliant time that she had with Skyhammer this weekend. Dirty girl!
And ten seconds after that I get an email from Big D who is expressing much consternation over the last blog posted on the old address and re-affirming that he thinks I am not only a good person, but that I could be a super model, too! Oh, no wait. That didn't happen. He just wanted to encourage my blogging and tell me that he values our friendship. It was such great timing. Three great, positive, supportive things in like a five minute span. Hence the three-blog day. It could be a record for old Duder. I may need to get more kayaks.

No comments: