"What I want to say is this: - If you logically try to persuade a person that there is no absolute reason for shedding tears, the person in question will cease weeping. That's self evident. Why, I should like to know, should such a person continue doing so?"

"If such were the usual course of things, life would be a very easy matter," replied Raskolnikoff.

- Crime and Punishment, Dostoevsky

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

This thing that is really good

I had a hankering for ice cream this afternoon. I mean, I hanker for a lot of things these days, but ice cream is something that I can safely indulge in on a Wednesday afternoon with my coworkers. As usual, I balked at the fat content and searched the nutritional values of various offerings at Starbucks and Tim Hortons. The "Orange Crème Frappuccino Light" at Starbucks called to me. For a tall it is only 140 calories with no fat (dig it!) and it provides you with 30% of your recommended daily calcium intake. Okay. I was sold. I started to head out and one of my coworkers chastised me for not having my travel mug (especially given that I'm on the Environmental Comittee). The old, angry Duder would have retrieved said mug and smacked him upside the head with it while screaming "recycle that, ya hippie!". But no, he caught me dead to rights so I went back and got the mug. Well, it was quite fortuitous that I did because I ended up with more of a grande than a tall cause they'll fill those suckers to the top. Basically, if you are ordering beet juice, don't bring the travel mug. If you are ordering something sweet and delicious (or, you know, a drink of some sort... ha ha) you should bring your large travel mug.
Okay. This Orange Frappuccino? So damn good. Yes, given the fact that I have typed out this blog in about 87 seconds it appears there is a fair amount of sugar involved, but still. Damn good. And bring your travel mug.
Luscious.

No comments: