"What I want to say is this: - If you logically try to persuade a person that there is no absolute reason for shedding tears, the person in question will cease weeping. That's self evident. Why, I should like to know, should such a person continue doing so?"

"If such were the usual course of things, life would be a very easy matter," replied Raskolnikoff.

- Crime and Punishment, Dostoevsky

Saturday, August 11, 2007

My saturday night out

Pretty mellow day. I've been reading "A Clockwork Orange". It's really odd. I think I'd like to see the movie, but it's super violent so I don't think I would be able to handle it. Yeah, it would be pretty much the antithesis of "Reality Bites".
I bought a very large chocolate bar today. I haven't eaten it yet. I really want to eat it, but I should probably do something to make myself deserved of such a glorious consumption of sugar and fat. Hey I know! I'll run 29 kilometres tomorrow. That'll do it.
Met up with M (the fellow that I had met on Lavalife earlier in the year) for dinner on Main Street. It was great, we went to East is East. We listened to the Indian version of "Stairway to Heaven" and discussed hot button topics like: when is spandex appropriate; Aqua Teen Hunger Force; and ass blisters. The food was fantastic. The company... tepid. Kidding! It was great to see him again. Nice, interesting and intelligent people are hard to come by. He gave me a hug. I love hugs. I am going to hug people more often. But not you. Specifically never you.
All in all a nice, low key day. It's good to have low key days sometimes. And it shall be an early evening for this kid, what with the early get up tomorrow morning. I'm not even thinking about it. I'm just not accepting the reality of this arduous self-imposed torture until everyone sets their digital watches and we run off into the grey morn.
"This Flight Tonight" by Joni Mitchell is great. Random interjection right there, I suppose. She has such a goddamn amazing voice.
I command you all to send sympathetic and encouraging thoughts in my general direction at 8:30 tomorrow morning.

No comments: