"What I want to say is this: - If you logically try to persuade a person that there is no absolute reason for shedding tears, the person in question will cease weeping. That's self evident. Why, I should like to know, should such a person continue doing so?"

"If such were the usual course of things, life would be a very easy matter," replied Raskolnikoff.

- Crime and Punishment, Dostoevsky

Thursday, April 17, 2008

Drinking makes you run faster

Almost didn't go to the clinic. Seriously. I ate too much at lunch and had two drinks. I got home and really wanted to go to bed, but instead I did five one mile repeats. We were supposed to go at our marathon race pace, which for me would be around 8.15 or 8.20 miles. Yeah. I was coming in at 7.30. I have no idea. It was awesome. I love when stuff like that happens. I'm very curious to see how I fare on race day.
In other news, it was my boss's last day today, so it was sad. She got me some gifts. Now I'm sitting here, relaxing in my swank pad and enjoying the vanilla incense she got me. But it's not over. We're all meeting for drinks after work tomorrow and it's going to be a debacle. If you see me stumbling around downtown tomorrow night, please be kind enough to guide me in the general direction of the seabus. My boss recommended that I hydrate well all day tomorrow. Of all the things any of my bosses have ever told me, that's a new one.

No comments: