"What I want to say is this: - If you logically try to persuade a person that there is no absolute reason for shedding tears, the person in question will cease weeping. That's self evident. Why, I should like to know, should such a person continue doing so?"

"If such were the usual course of things, life would be a very easy matter," replied Raskolnikoff.

- Crime and Punishment, Dostoevsky

Friday, April 18, 2008

The snow is pretty

Cause yeah, it's snowing. WTF? The robot liberator texted me that it sucked. I don't know that it sucks, because it's dark and it's snowing so it's kind of romantic. A perfect evening to rent a movie, curl up with a glass of zinfandel, maybe wear those french cut panties for later on.
Right. Who am I kidding: it sucks. Sitting here, with a glass of wine and a Cadbury Thins, listening to Bowie's "Young Americans". Fucking A. I'm not even wearing underwear. I do what I want. Look at me go.
Here's the closest I've come to "being intimate" in the last month (possibly six weeks, but who's counting?):
-my boss's husband kissed me
-a coworker brushed his leg against mine in the elevator... twice
-I hugged another coworker twice, and I'm sure the second time was against his will
-I got a high five from a fellow runner yesterday
Alright. I'm done.
Maybe tomorrow will be the day.
I'll live to shave my legs another day.
God I hate shaving my legs.

No comments: