"What I want to say is this: - If you logically try to persuade a person that there is no absolute reason for shedding tears, the person in question will cease weeping. That's self evident. Why, I should like to know, should such a person continue doing so?"

"If such were the usual course of things, life would be a very easy matter," replied Raskolnikoff.

- Crime and Punishment, Dostoevsky

Saturday, April 26, 2008

I actually did throw up in my mouth a little

If you do the crime, you gotta do the time. I had promised Michael a run today, so run we did. We ran about twelve miles at an 8:15 per mile pace. After I had my gel at forty five minutes I threw up in my mouth a little. That out of the way I had a really strong six miles back home. Michael was like, "You have to run a marathon in a week" and yes, I agree that last night's binge wasn't exactly productive, but as I said to him, "Hey, if I can run twelve miles with a head cold and a hangover, imagine how good I'll feel on race day!".
Then we went for coffee and then we compared our abs in the mirror in the lobby for like, two minutes. It was great. We both pulled up our shirts and flexed our obliques and our six packs. Okay, I don't have a six pack, but I still look pretty damn good. Michael does have a six pack. I guess I could work on it a bit more but, as evidenced last night, I prefer to do other, more fun things.
I have a headache, but I do recommend California's Gnarly Head Zinfandel.

No comments: