"What I want to say is this: - If you logically try to persuade a person that there is no absolute reason for shedding tears, the person in question will cease weeping. That's self evident. Why, I should like to know, should such a person continue doing so?"

"If such were the usual course of things, life would be a very easy matter," replied Raskolnikoff.

- Crime and Punishment, Dostoevsky

Thursday, April 24, 2008

"Knocked Up"?

Sorry. Not that funny. The beard jokes were good, but they were offset by the fact that they flashed to the baby's head emerging from the vagina. You can tell me the funniest joke in the world, but then flash to that and I don't feel like laughing anymore.
People ask me why I'm not having kids. There are a lot of reasons. I'm selfish. I think the world is getting worse, not better. I'm selfish. I don't really have an affinity for the small folk. I like my life and don't want it to change (to be read: I'm selfish). A baby for me means less wine for me (selfish). But predominately? Yeah, it was the film we saw of a birth in Grade 9. I took one look at that and said, "Um, no. So, that's not ever going to happen."
That's pretty much it. Oh, except I picked up "Atlas Shrugged" which is my suggestion for the next book club meeting, and it's like a thousand pages long in small print. It looked smaller the last time I saw it...

No comments: