"What I want to say is this: - If you logically try to persuade a person that there is no absolute reason for shedding tears, the person in question will cease weeping. That's self evident. Why, I should like to know, should such a person continue doing so?"

"If such were the usual course of things, life would be a very easy matter," replied Raskolnikoff.

- Crime and Punishment, Dostoevsky

Friday, April 4, 2008

Go Canucks go! Golfing.

Aside from the closed door meetings and the hushed conversations that I knew would occur yesterday, something happened that I didn't anticipate. The CEO touched me. He does this from time to time. He had a little heartfelt chat with me to see how I was handling everything, and then as he stood to leave he did the shoulder grab "hang in there" kind of thing.
I explained this to C over one of the many, many glasses of wine I had last night. He agreed that it was strange given that I don't come across as a touchable person. And then proceeded to grab my leg, squeeze my arm and mess my hair. Funny.
Then we went to the Canucks game, which was the first one that I've seen all year. Of course they lost. What the frick? The Oilers aren't even in the playoffs and we lost to them. Their goalie was great. My theory, as the Canucks really tend to suck regardless of the roster or the coach, is that the players get to Vancouver and really like our golf courses. And they endeavor to play them. It's the only thing that really makes sense.
Great seats. Lots of women with lots of makeup and blonde hair in the washrooms. Yep. Trevor Linden wants you. A large woman stood up and did a gyrating dance and won a free gift certificate to the Keg. A halfhearted attempt to do the wave was quelled. I drank Piat D'or from a plastic cup.
Now the fridge repair guy is here. He doesn't think it's the compressor and has validated my concern by a) hearing the rattling noise and b) re-creating the rattling noise.
I just want my fridge fixed.
So I can keep my Piat D'or nicely chilled.

No comments: