"What I want to say is this: - If you logically try to persuade a person that there is no absolute reason for shedding tears, the person in question will cease weeping. That's self evident. Why, I should like to know, should such a person continue doing so?"

"If such were the usual course of things, life would be a very easy matter," replied Raskolnikoff.

- Crime and Punishment, Dostoevsky

Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Vote for Pedro

"Symptoms of mania include rapid speech, racing thoughts, decreased need for sleep, hypersexuality, euphoria, grandiosity, and increased interest in goal-directed activities... Another symptom of mania is racing thoughts during which the sufferer is excessively distracted by unimportant stimuli. This negative experience creates an inability to function and an absentmindedness where the person with mania's thoughts totally preoccupy him or her, making him or her unable to keep track of time or be aware of anything besides the neurological pattern of thoughts." (Wikipedia)
If this sounds like someone you know, you should totally plan another wine club tasting event with them. Egg timers are helpful in curbing their distracted ramblings.
In other news, the cherry beer at the District in North Van is really good. I had three of them while Po looked on with amusement (through her new, lasered eyes). I said, "You gotta problem? Cause I can shine a flashlight in your general direction, and then we'll see who's laughing".
What else. What else. Oh. My boss quit today, so there's that. Tomorrow should be interesting. And I'm going to a Canucks game with my good friend C. I think that in order to make the playoffs they have to win the next two games, and then some other team needs to lose at least one game, and then they have to sacrifice a small goat and dance naked around a fire or something. Whatever.
Good, as always to catch up with Po. In other news, totally unrelated to anything and apropos of nothing: Must. Have. Loving. Meaningful. Intimacy. Forthwith. It's just really hard to muster up the energy for anything after running 34 kilometres. Michael and I showered and then I got irate when I tried to nap and he was having some kind of muscle spasm in his leg and was thrashing around so I drove him home and then went back to bed. Talk about eroticism. Po said, "So... you're not going to have sex until after Boston?". That's in April 2009. I said, "Uh, yeah. Pretty much".
And thus witness, as I wrap up a blog that begins with mania and ends with hypersexuality. For hyper-religiosity, please see my other blog: http://www.breakthehabitsofliving.blogspot.com/. For grandiosity, please refer to my profile where I indicate that I am creating my own religion. Increased interest in goal directed activities: refer to the abolishment of the Pitt River project and the quest for Boston. Unimportant stimuli? Where do I start?

No comments: