"What I want to say is this: - If you logically try to persuade a person that there is no absolute reason for shedding tears, the person in question will cease weeping. That's self evident. Why, I should like to know, should such a person continue doing so?"

"If such were the usual course of things, life would be a very easy matter," replied Raskolnikoff.

- Crime and Punishment, Dostoevsky

Monday, April 14, 2008

The funk continues

What to say. We all have funks. We're all funky. Won't you take me to funky town? I don't know what I'm doing. If I was an animal, I would be a sad, fat bear that some kid with cotton-candy-sticky-hands would heckle in an annoyingly pitched voice because I wasn't providing him with enough enthusiastic antics. Then again, when do bears ever engage in enthusiastic antics, anyways?
Something needs to happen. I just hope it's not car-related. It's always car related with me. I've had my bumper replaced twice. What's with that?
I'm touched that Po is concerned for my mental health. I bet this blog about bears isn't going to alleviate any of her fears, either. But she has her own funk to deal with.
We all have our funks to bear. Get it?
If the kid could get me to dance by putting hot coals under my paws he would. I hate that kid.

No comments: