"What I want to say is this: - If you logically try to persuade a person that there is no absolute reason for shedding tears, the person in question will cease weeping. That's self evident. Why, I should like to know, should such a person continue doing so?"

"If such were the usual course of things, life would be a very easy matter," replied Raskolnikoff.

- Crime and Punishment, Dostoevsky

Friday, April 11, 2008

Missing the seabus

What to say? A coworker that I really like left today. I wasn't sad because I think I'll see her again. At least I hope I'll see her again.
Today was a weird day. Yeah. Career wise, let's just say that it's all up in the air.
On other, more esoteric levels? Wow. I love people. Not like, hugging homeless people love, but love nonetheless. Went for drinks with my departing coworker, the robot liberator and and ex-colleague. As usual I had nothing witty to say and spent an inordinate amount of time feeling sorry for our waitress and wondering why her hands were shaking when she served us our drinks. Stuff like that bugs me.
Hugged my departing coworker. Hugged the robot liberator twice (hey, when you've got an opportunity you've got to take it). Then me and my ex-colleague missed the seabus by a couple of minutes so we grabbed a drink at the Transcontinental Lounge. It was quite fortuitous because I had never spent time with him one on one. Then we missed the second seabus which was no problem for me because, as usual, I have nothing to do tonight. We did end up having a pretty good conversation during the half an hour while we waited for the seabus, and more good conversation still while on the seabus. You know what I love? I love good conversation! I love new people with new ideas and new lives and new experiences. I may have even convinced him to come out to wine club (sorry, Skyhammer).
I dunno. It's corny. I wish I could just read, run, travel, blog and chat with interesting people while consistently missing the seabus. That would be ideal. The people I know are fantastic: they are such an incredible source of inspiration to me. Says the girl sitting alone in her apartment at 9:34 on a Friday night.
Ah. Perhaps I am missing more than the seabus.

No comments: