"What I want to say is this: - If you logically try to persuade a person that there is no absolute reason for shedding tears, the person in question will cease weeping. That's self evident. Why, I should like to know, should such a person continue doing so?"

"If such were the usual course of things, life would be a very easy matter," replied Raskolnikoff.

- Crime and Punishment, Dostoevsky

Saturday, July 12, 2008

An ankle-turning good time

Was home long enough last night to have a 30 minute nap followed by a 75 minute workout. Grabbed Michael and we went to the British Properties to find the place where we were supposed to be situated to direct all 200+ of the insane runners doing the Knee Knacker (a trail run from Horseshoe Bay to goddamn Deep Cove: 30 miles starting at 6am). Went to bed at 1am. Up at at 6:30. Returned home at 1:30 for another nap and now I have to go for dinner at my mom's with Michael, Jay and Andrea. Up again at 6:30 tomorrow for a 12 miler in Stanley Park.
Oh my god. I'm so tired and I didn't even run anywhere today. Will post pics of Michael and I pretending to be bears and overall dicking around when we weren't waving and clapping and encouraging runners.
One guy thought he had a broken foot and we were like, "Oh my god" and he's like, "Yeah, I'll just Terry Fox it out" and continued down the path to the next aid station. And by path I mean steep, rocky, difficult terrain.
Insane! Congrats to everyone that ran the Knee Knacker this morning: you guys looked great and were hugely inspirational! You guys ROCK!!

No comments: