"What I want to say is this: - If you logically try to persuade a person that there is no absolute reason for shedding tears, the person in question will cease weeping. That's self evident. Why, I should like to know, should such a person continue doing so?"

"If such were the usual course of things, life would be a very easy matter," replied Raskolnikoff.

- Crime and Punishment, Dostoevsky

Thursday, July 10, 2008

Derpa derpa

In a bit of a better mood today as the maelstrom is scheduled for Monday. May as well enjoy the meantime and in between time. Why let this cast a pall on what is shaping up to be a kick ass weekend? I’ll kick your ass. How ya like them apples?
As the always insightful and positively situated N (who I shall now refer to as Squishy) exclaimed to me last night as she and I languished on the patio at Earl’s on Robson, “But you’re fabulous!”. True (though this fact seems to sometimes escape people). I should take to reminding them. “Um, that’s nice and all, but you seem to have forgotten that I’m fabulous”.
The bright spots of today’s existence include: sushi with A for lunch (whereby I brought my own plate from work so they wouldn’t put it in a Styrofoam container); it appears that we only have to run 3 one mile repeats tonight; and I’m looking forward to coffee with my running buddies afterwards; and the Robot Liberator’s fantastic blue shirt which makes him appear more attractive than usual.

No comments: