"What I want to say is this: - If you logically try to persuade a person that there is no absolute reason for shedding tears, the person in question will cease weeping. That's self evident. Why, I should like to know, should such a person continue doing so?"

"If such were the usual course of things, life would be a very easy matter," replied Raskolnikoff.

- Crime and Punishment, Dostoevsky

Saturday, July 19, 2008

The way the weekend is going

I think I alluded to the fact that this weekend would either be good or disastrous in one of the blogs where I was contemplating wading into the ocean with bulging pockets. So, to update the people that have expressed concern for my overall well being in the last couple of days: this weekend is going well. Really well.
That fact that things are going well (as a result of me trying to deal with these issues with a relatively level head, all the while scrambling to discern how an "adult" would deal with this situation) is a relief. Like, a really, really huge relief on many levels.
So here are a few reasons why I'm glad I didn't drown myself today:
  • I would've botched it anyways, because I don't like the sensation of drowning too much and I'm a really strong swimmer. Basically I would've ended up with a lot of kelp in my hair and seawater in my lungs and I would've ruined my Sauconys which were pretty expensive.
  • I wouldn't have been able to watch "No Country for Old Men" which was fan-fucking-tastic.
  • No sushi either.
  • Bye bye French wine.
  • Lounging on a park bench in the sun with my super hot boyfriend that came in 4th in his age group and 9th overall in his trail race today wouldn't have been an option.
  • My mom would've been pretty pissed because her birthday is tomorrow.

So thanks to everyone for their kindness and encouragement and for listening to me as I muddle my way through my latest debacle. I've been pretty debacle-free as of late, so it's always fun to mix things up and have the opportunity to use a lot of swear words and think the world is coming to an end. Which I pretty much do every day anyways.

1 comment:

Big D said...

- Glad things look differently now.
-Congrats again on your PB of Sub-47.(never mind sub-50).
-Thanks for sharing things with me.
-Two more things to add to your list... That water is filthy!