"What I want to say is this: - If you logically try to persuade a person that there is no absolute reason for shedding tears, the person in question will cease weeping. That's self evident. Why, I should like to know, should such a person continue doing so?"

"If such were the usual course of things, life would be a very easy matter," replied Raskolnikoff.

- Crime and Punishment, Dostoevsky

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Carma II

So, perusing my bill from Buster's this morning in the elevator I noticed something was stuck to it. Yeah, a fucking $45 parking ticket from the City of Vancouver. My $62 night was ratcheted up to... whatever $45 plus $62 is (can we get an accountant over here? is there an accountant in the house?).
In other news that matters, I am not working on Monday and am going for an hour long massage because I'm as tight as a drum (we're talking musculature here, people). And I was the second fastest girl of the full and half marathon clinics tonight. And then we all went for coffee and Michael left to go to London Drugs so I went home and was chatting with my mom on the phone and my buzzer went so I buzzed him up and we chatted on my balcony, watching the luminescent, full moon rise into the evening sky until 11pm. I so heart Michael. He has the day off tomorrow and says he might bike into Vancouver so we can go for coffee or lunch. Sigh. I heart him sooooooooooo much.

No comments: