"What I want to say is this: - If you logically try to persuade a person that there is no absolute reason for shedding tears, the person in question will cease weeping. That's self evident. Why, I should like to know, should such a person continue doing so?"

"If such were the usual course of things, life would be a very easy matter," replied Raskolnikoff.

- Crime and Punishment, Dostoevsky

Saturday, July 5, 2008

Ha ha ha. Oh my god.

Met up for brunch with Big D today - hadn't seen him for ages. He looks great and was in good spirits and it was nice to finally connect and catch up! Looking forward to seeing all the changes he's made to his pad the next time I'm over that way. Michael was supposed to show at noon as well, but at 12:05 when he still wasn't there I called him and... he was in bed!! He showed up half an hour later with pillow creases on his face. Hilarious. He has a 16km trail race which takes him from Ambleside in West Van to the top of Grouse Mountain tomorrow morning. Good luck with that.
Actually, I'm one to talk. Our clinic has a nine miler scheduled for tomorrow and I was like, "Nine miler? Why even get out of bed?" (kidding), but I did decide to run on my own and go fifteen miles, because that's how I roll. Then my brother emails me and wants to go for a hike tomorrow and since I haven't seen him in seventeen years I said, "Hells yeah!" so we're going to do the hike (between 14 and 16kms) that Michael and I did last weekend. Except I think I still might do the 15 mile run in the morning.
So. You know. Good luck with that. At the minimum I should shed the remaining three pounds, though the more likely scenario is that I will pass out on the trail from exhaustion and my brother will pour honey all over me and leave me for the bears. It wouldn't be the first time, either.
What else, what else. "Be Kind, Rewind" was really funny. And Michael and I ate a whole Angel Food cake last night.
Cause we're angels. Clearly.

No comments: