"What I want to say is this: - If you logically try to persuade a person that there is no absolute reason for shedding tears, the person in question will cease weeping. That's self evident. Why, I should like to know, should such a person continue doing so?"

"If such were the usual course of things, life would be a very easy matter," replied Raskolnikoff.

- Crime and Punishment, Dostoevsky

Sunday, July 13, 2008

It was really, really hot today

Here's a dumb thing to do at 3pm on a really hot day: run. Wanted to do 15 miles, did 12.4. It's okay. It's what the clinic did this morning so I can ease up on myself. Need to actually start attending the Sunday runs as people have stopped asking where I am and have written me off as a crack baby. I'm not a crack baby; I just like my sleep.
Michael and I watched "Eagle vs. Shark" tonight. It wasn't as uproariously funny as I thought it would be, but it turned into a very good (albeit painful to watch) story about the family dynamic and dysfunctional losers.
Feeling pretty mellow and a bit down. Tomorrow has the potential to be shitty, but I'm not going to dwell on it right now: there are much bigger issues in my life right now.
So we'll see.
Won't we.

No comments: