"What I want to say is this: - If you logically try to persuade a person that there is no absolute reason for shedding tears, the person in question will cease weeping. That's self evident. Why, I should like to know, should such a person continue doing so?"

"If such were the usual course of things, life would be a very easy matter," replied Raskolnikoff.

- Crime and Punishment, Dostoevsky

Thursday, July 31, 2008

Men are not from Mars

I don't know where they're from, but I'm pretty sure I could rationalize and use logic on a male Martian.
Fact: men and women communicate differently.
Fact: often, the message that the sender is trying to convey is not received by the receiver, resulting in miscommunication.
Fact: crying doesn't help. Even I got bored of it after two minutes.
Fact: cool down periods are extremely helpful. By the time I actually arrived in order to suss this issue face to face I was tired and it didn't really seem that important anymore.
Fact: Red Burrito makes the world's best burrito.
Last fact: I called the (non-emergency) police because some shifty looking kids were huddled in a stairwell in my underground parking (the unsecured part) when I came home just now.
I lied. One more fact: wasabi peas have a lot of fibre.
I realize that I am getting 'older' because I'm just too tired to fight about stuff anymore, and I'm calling the cops on teenagers and talking about the fibre content in snack foods.

1 comment:

Godinla said...

Ice chips were just found on Mars today. That means water. Proof that men could not have come from Mars. If men were there, there would not be anything left. We would have used up every ounce of anything worthwhile. Men would not leave a single drop of anything good. Mars would be red dirt only.