"What I want to say is this: - If you logically try to persuade a person that there is no absolute reason for shedding tears, the person in question will cease weeping. That's self evident. Why, I should like to know, should such a person continue doing so?"

"If such were the usual course of things, life would be a very easy matter," replied Raskolnikoff.

- Crime and Punishment, Dostoevsky

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Notes from a Tuesday

  • Men are really bad at attempting to covertly check women out. Or maybe they just don't care if they get caught.
  • Traffic stops immediately at crosswalks when I deign to cross them wearing a quasi-short skirt.
  • This work issue has me experiencing a weird combination of apathy and total disbelief.
  • I fucking hate Robson Street.
  • There should be a "slow lane" for tourists so they can get out of my goddamn way because I have places to be.
  • Never tell a friend you'd like to see them since you've "got some time to kill". Instead say: "I haven't seen you in a while and I really miss spending time with you and I would love nothing more to simply be in your beautific presence because you're a valued friend and I treasure you immensely".
  • I strongly dislike it when people tell you this great theory that they heard from someone they revere (and now subscribe to it), even though you've expounded this particular theory a few times before.
  • I'm being told to smell the roses again.
  • I actually saw someone literally stop and smell some roses on Lonsdale tonight.
  • I smelled some sweet peas.
  • My nickname is Sweet pea.
  • I ate two ice cream bars.

Yeah. That's pretty much it. Hopefully notes from a Wednesday will be more exciting. Though it won't include two ice cream bars. I only have one left.

No comments: