"What I want to say is this: - If you logically try to persuade a person that there is no absolute reason for shedding tears, the person in question will cease weeping. That's self evident. Why, I should like to know, should such a person continue doing so?"

"If such were the usual course of things, life would be a very easy matter," replied Raskolnikoff.

- Crime and Punishment, Dostoevsky

Thursday, March 27, 2008

Armageddon is coming

Really. What's with this weather? Yesterday I had the pleasure of taking the seabus home in a lightning storm. I was pretty sure lighting was going to strike one of the tankers, causing a horrific explosion which would annihilate our comparatively little vessel. And then it started to hail. And then it got sunny. I looked outside, said, "screw that shit" and did yoga. Today I looked outside and said, "screw that shit" and hit the gym for an hour. Had a small audience for a while which was... um, weird. This is called a tricep dip. I'm going to turn up my iPod and pretend that none of you exist...
And right now? There is this roiling, obsidian black cloud that is about to envelope the building across from me. Seriously. I see horsemen getting closer.
The point of this blog has nothing to do with the end of the world or how I'm not going to be able to get my shirt over my head tomorrow, but rather it's about wine. Allow me to kindly recommend a very excellent Chilean wine that I just discovered. It's Cono Sur's Viognier and it's cheap and I'm going to be drinking it all summer. I personally think it kicks ass over Yalumba's Viognier, which is like $7 more.

No comments: