"What I want to say is this: - If you logically try to persuade a person that there is no absolute reason for shedding tears, the person in question will cease weeping. That's self evident. Why, I should like to know, should such a person continue doing so?"

"If such were the usual course of things, life would be a very easy matter," replied Raskolnikoff.

- Crime and Punishment, Dostoevsky

Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Keith Road is my bitch

That's right. Take it. That hill is such a grind. Also, is it perverse of me to take such pleasure in making SUVs and luxury vehicles come to a halt as they attempt the age old "California Stop" at any number of red lights and stop signs along my route? It's possible that I gander that much more slowly on a sliding scale directly relating to their vehicle's fuel (in)efficiency.
As for the story? Clearly I will finish it when I finish it. Not unlike my taxes. Damnit. Taxes are a grind, too.

No comments: