"What I want to say is this: - If you logically try to persuade a person that there is no absolute reason for shedding tears, the person in question will cease weeping. That's self evident. Why, I should like to know, should such a person continue doing so?"

"If such were the usual course of things, life would be a very easy matter," replied Raskolnikoff.

- Crime and Punishment, Dostoevsky

Saturday, March 8, 2008

I had wine with breakfast today

Somewhat hungover today. As I flipped through last night's photos I mixed some of the white wine with a little club soda and orange juice. Michael remained asleep.
As promised here is the picture of me and the green duck. Give me a few glasses of wine and a cheap toy (likely made in China and teeming with lead) and look at me go.
Such a fun time last night! Secretly recording Po (we're so sneaky), sampling wine, chatting about religion, fish and vegetarianism, and how women should rule the world (okay, so that last bit was me). And Michael came! And he brought wine! I was so happy. And he even drank the wine. It was a crazy night.
Here are some snippets of the great conversations you missed:

"So are we going to be rating this on a scale between negative six and pi?"

"Po was just enjoying your balcony."
"Why?"

"Men should be kept in cages."

"You just said Jubjub."
"Oh. I meant Glubglub."

"The nurse said it looked like a baby rabbit."

"This wine smells like fish."

"But how do you know they prefer the puddle?"

"Is that six and a half ribbits?"

Okay. I should get out of my pajamas. Gonna go visit my nana with Michael. He must be quite sick of me by now. Thanks for coming, everyone! It was nice to learn that one bottle of wine per person is definitely (more than)sufficient. And thanks to Skyhammer for playing photographer for a portion of the evening and being able to confirm and document the wiley and elusive Michael.

No comments: