"What I want to say is this: - If you logically try to persuade a person that there is no absolute reason for shedding tears, the person in question will cease weeping. That's self evident. Why, I should like to know, should such a person continue doing so?"

"If such were the usual course of things, life would be a very easy matter," replied Raskolnikoff.

- Crime and Punishment, Dostoevsky

Monday, March 17, 2008

Self-flagellation

Happy St. Patrick's Day! I'm wearing a green sweater. Why the fuck am I wearing a green sweater? I'm not Irish! My father is from Bath, England. Why do we celebrate this damn day? I should hit myself with the whiffle bat of righteousness.
I would totally be up for a Guinness or three after work, though.
After which I would likely advise you to "kiss me, I'm Irish".
In other news, I'm in love with everyone today.
Especially and specifically you. You are a gorgeous, sexy beast.

No comments: