"What I want to say is this: - If you logically try to persuade a person that there is no absolute reason for shedding tears, the person in question will cease weeping. That's self evident. Why, I should like to know, should such a person continue doing so?"

"If such were the usual course of things, life would be a very easy matter," replied Raskolnikoff.

- Crime and Punishment, Dostoevsky

Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Comment: It's a free for all!

Just wanted to let you all know that you no longer need to be a member of my blog to post comments. Anyone can comment, I will receive an alert email, and I will then allow or disallow the comment.
For example, the comment "I find you exceptionally attractive and very witty" will make the cut. On the flip side, "Your chances of re-qualifying for Boston seem slim, given your propensity for cheese and wine" will likely not end up on the site.
I think, too, that you have the ability to leave anonymous comments which could prove interesting. Is "Meet me at the Quay at midnight: wear something saucy" a possible illicit encounter, a death threat, or a suggestion to get creative with a jar of Ragu? Ah, the interpretations are endless...

No comments: