"What I want to say is this: - If you logically try to persuade a person that there is no absolute reason for shedding tears, the person in question will cease weeping. That's self evident. Why, I should like to know, should such a person continue doing so?"

"If such were the usual course of things, life would be a very easy matter," replied Raskolnikoff.

- Crime and Punishment, Dostoevsky

Monday, March 24, 2008

Who is unhappy?

Someone, via my poll, indicated that they are unhappy. Why are you unhappy? I can think of a myriad of reasons (you have lice, you wasted two hours watching "Breaking and Entering", your dog is ill, you have a sore back, you bought a domestic vehicle, you are the guy I saw getting arrested at Lonsdale Quay tonight), but it torments me that you've indicated that you're unhappy. Incredibly, I'm not unhappy. I'm sure this blog would suggest otherwise, but as it turns out I'm only slightly crazed - and that differs a lot from being unhappy.
Unhappy blog reader: I can't make you happy. I don't think. Can I? I doubt it. But I can drink a lot of beer with you at the King's Head and, subsequently, miss the last departing seabus and spend the night sleeping in the seabus terminal because I'm too cheap to take a taxi across the bridge. I would do that for you. Providing you drink. And live here.
If you're unhappy and don't drink, or are unhappy and live elsewhere, or are unhappy and don't drink and live elsewhere, I can send you a funny YouTube link. It's the next best thing.
Who needs Lithium?

1 comment:

The Menda Agenda said...

I'm happy you like my blog. Also I'm happy because of Prozac, but it's all the same.