"What I want to say is this: - If you logically try to persuade a person that there is no absolute reason for shedding tears, the person in question will cease weeping. That's self evident. Why, I should like to know, should such a person continue doing so?"

"If such were the usual course of things, life would be a very easy matter," replied Raskolnikoff.

- Crime and Punishment, Dostoevsky

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Gimme

I want this:
but I only have this much money:
So if you could buy it for me, that would be terrific. It would make me a better blogger. For the three people that read this (that likely think afterwards, "Why did I just read that? Any number of things would have been infinitely more enjoyable than that. Like circumcision, chicken pox, or dicey sushi").
In other news, it appears that four of you are now happy, so the happy people are in the lead. You don't have to be so goddamn ecstatic about it.
In other, other news, I have to run 21 miles this Sunday. Miles mean nothing to me. You could say to me, "Duder, it's a four mile walk from the seabus to your place" and I would say, "Oh, okay". I used to know what a mile was, when I was like six, before the whole introduction of the metric system which threw me for a loop. I haven't been the same since. I've stopped playing with My Little Ponies, and I no longer like cut up wieners in my Kraft Dinner and have lost all interest in my brother's M.A.S.K. toys. Fucking metric system. Anyways, 21 miles is 34 kilometres, which is 8 kilometres short of a marathon. Which is really, really terrible. The run would be more bearable if I had a Dell XPS 1530. I'm just saying.
Sooooo.... I've really not got much here. I got a haircut today. For some reason she charged me $10 less than last time, so I guess I have a huge bald spot somewhere that I haven't discovered yet. Just kidding. I love my hair and she did an awesome job. I've always wanted to look like a twelve year old boy, and now I do!
You know what twelve year old boys like? Dell XPS 1530s.

No comments: