"What I want to say is this: - If you logically try to persuade a person that there is no absolute reason for shedding tears, the person in question will cease weeping. That's self evident. Why, I should like to know, should such a person continue doing so?"

"If such were the usual course of things, life would be a very easy matter," replied Raskolnikoff.

- Crime and Punishment, Dostoevsky

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Detroit deserved it

Yep. For a bunch of old guys, the Red Wings kicked ass. I wanted Pittsburgh to win, and it was so exciting when they came close to tying the game in the final seconds, but Detroit outplayed them. Ah well. I got to have a kick ass burritto from Red Burrito (ohmygodsogood) and half a chocolate bar and chips and dip and vegetables and beer. Michael had quite the spread. I caught him trying to shove more chocolate into my little take-home container but forced out it. Yeah, it sounds like love, but it's really sabotage. The marathon clinic doesn't even start until June 15th, but Michael is already running with the "Run Fast" group on Tuesday nights. Facker. Pretty soon he's going to be too cool to be seen with me at the clinic! Yawn. I think I will try and run home from work again tomorrow, but it's supposed to rain I worry about my Shuffle because I'm a whingeing, materialistic baby and I can't run without my bitchin' tunes.
Sorry folks. Another totally boring blog.
I love burritos from Red Burrito. I didn't eat all of mine (they weigh about six pounds each), so Michael packed it up with some veggies for me and it's in the fridge and I'm not even hungry but I want to eat it. I have to measure this desire carefully against my overall reluctance to make lunches because, as it stands, it's going to be my lunch tomorrow. It's tough, these choices I have to make. Like when she said "red or brown tortilla?" and "mild or hot sauce?". Oh my god!? What, am I a high-powered executive paid to make such cutting-edge and integral decisions? I just want the food to get from the rotating spit into my belly. I kid. The woman there was super nice. I tipped her. I tip the people at Subway too. I mean, if I tip some waitress at a restaurant that is spending an inordinate amount of time arranging my boyfriend's napkin in his lap for him, then why not the hardworking (albeit more "normal" looking) people that work at other locales? I don't like rewarding people because they happen to be born good looking.
Anyways. This is how you start off with the Stanley Cup and end up with objectification.

No comments: