"What I want to say is this: - If you logically try to persuade a person that there is no absolute reason for shedding tears, the person in question will cease weeping. That's self evident. Why, I should like to know, should such a person continue doing so?"

"If such were the usual course of things, life would be a very easy matter," replied Raskolnikoff.

- Crime and Punishment, Dostoevsky

Monday, June 9, 2008

I miss Harry

Harry. Where are you? Why do you always say we'll get together for dinner and then we never do? I miss our conversations over Kokanees that would close down the bar, after which we would help ourselves to coffee, ultimately get kicked out of said bar, only to go across the street to Tim Hortons to continue to talk until 3am.
I guess, given our divurgent lives, that it's likely I'll never see you again.
I'll never forget the time you showed up on my (parents') doorstep with a beard and salmon (?) after your fishing trip.
I hope you have the happiest life filled with the best kinds of goodness.

No comments: