"What I want to say is this: - If you logically try to persuade a person that there is no absolute reason for shedding tears, the person in question will cease weeping. That's self evident. Why, I should like to know, should such a person continue doing so?"

"If such were the usual course of things, life would be a very easy matter," replied Raskolnikoff.

- Crime and Punishment, Dostoevsky

Saturday, June 14, 2008

St. Elmo's Fire was also dumb



Ran the allotted fifteen miles at 10am this morning. To be truthful I didn't think that I was actually going to do the whole thing, but I did. And then I napped. For two frickin' hours! Then I watched "St. Elmo's Fire" which seemed a bit trite and wrapped up just a bit too nicely or glossed over the surface and missed the point or something. Then again, I'm just a girl with an iron deficiency and what do I know.
Michael called me and we decided to go for a walk in Ambleside since it was such a great evening and Michael was very impressed with his photo of me which captures the Lionsgate bridge and the moon. I'm not totally happy with it because from that angle I appear to have more Chins than a Chinese phonebook (can I say that?), but what am I going to do about it? One either loves my cherubic, dimpled face or one does not.
Michael also engaged in at least two public displays of affection while we were out, but I think he was just overjoyed that I bought him treats at Starbucks and perhaps he was covertly trying to lick errant chocolate from the corner of my mouth.
Nah. I think he loves my cherubic, dimpled face.

No comments: