"What I want to say is this: - If you logically try to persuade a person that there is no absolute reason for shedding tears, the person in question will cease weeping. That's self evident. Why, I should like to know, should such a person continue doing so?"

"If such were the usual course of things, life would be a very easy matter," replied Raskolnikoff.

- Crime and Punishment, Dostoevsky

Sunday, June 29, 2008

Hiking


Didn't do the ten miler this morning, though Michael was up and out the door. I was up and into my bathing suit and on the balcony at 8:45. Sweet.
Michael came back and we made "hot enough for ya?" jokes because it was so hot today. Then we decided to go to the Lynn Headwaters and maybe go for a little hike. And, because we're like that, our hike, which was supposed to be about 8 kilometres ended up being around 15 kilometres (at least). See, at the 4 kilometre marker we discovered there were some falls another three kilometres away. Long story short: we arrived at the park at 1:30pm and left it after 6pm. The Norvan falls were fantastic. The water was so icy cold that Michael could only put his feet in them for thirteen seconds before grimacing in pain and mincing about. I, being sane, did not put any body parts into the water. Also, I forgot my camera (but did bring a lot of Werthers which I really enjoy) but Michael has a wicked camera on his phone and took a lot of pictures so when he sends them to me I will post them.
Anyways, it was just a stellar day. North Van is beautiful and our hike was amazing. We had a really fantastic day together. We came back, had dinner on my balcony, listening to jazz, talking about how tight our hamstrings are, you know, the usual.
Not looking forward to work tomorrow, but Tuesday's a stat which makes me a happy Canadian!

No comments: