"What I want to say is this: - If you logically try to persuade a person that there is no absolute reason for shedding tears, the person in question will cease weeping. That's self evident. Why, I should like to know, should such a person continue doing so?"

"If such were the usual course of things, life would be a very easy matter," replied Raskolnikoff.

- Crime and Punishment, Dostoevsky

Saturday, June 21, 2008

Liquor and writing

Hello. Thanks for tuning in. My blog is getting pretty goddamned boring these days. Pretty goddamned boring indeed.
Sore from the gym today. Place is a disaster: must clean and do yoga. Not looking forward to the 5am or 5:30am wakeup call tomorrow (and I'll be up even earlier on Monday).
I have a dilemma. Since I will be at Lasqueti full on Monday through Friday I thought "hey, I should bring my laptop and try a little writing since I never find the time to get to it". And then I thought "laptops are fucking heavy when you have to hump them from here to there". I reckoned I would do it nonetheless. I would suffer in silence for my craft (at which I am not at all accomplished). Then I thought "I need to get enough booze to last me from Monday to Friday and that's going to be very heavy because I drink a lot". Now I am at a crossroads: I cannot possibly heft such a tremendous amount of wine and my laptop. What to do, what to do... I guess I could just not drink while on the first vacation I've had since October 2007.
Sorry, just fell of the chair laughing.
Huh. I guess I'll just have to get a Sherpa.
So it's settled.
I actually have a couple of good ideas. This translates into me getting 70% of the way through and then loathing it and being unable to re-read it for fear of becoming sick to my stomach.
Right.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, ever hear of a handy little invention called the ball-point pen? Fits nicely in your pocket, and apparently it's compatible with just about any type of paper. ;)

Godinla said...

Never boring. Ever.

Duder said...

Ball point pen? I suppose. Writing longhand takes so long! I also can't add unless I have a calculator.