"What I want to say is this: - If you logically try to persuade a person that there is no absolute reason for shedding tears, the person in question will cease weeping. That's self evident. Why, I should like to know, should such a person continue doing so?"

"If such were the usual course of things, life would be a very easy matter," replied Raskolnikoff.

- Crime and Punishment, Dostoevsky

Saturday, June 14, 2008

I'm supposed to be sleeping

Got up at 8am today (and woke up around 7). We went to bed around midnight: you do the math. The math is: not enough sleep! But Michael, in his quest for Boston, has taken to 9:30am bike rides with some of the other runners on Saturdays so he had to be up early. I got up with him and told myself that I would go back to bed when he left but I can't. That would be dumb. I have to get a run in today and I may as well do it now. Well, not now, but maybe in an hour.
Watched "I Am Legend" last night. Spent about a third of it with my fingers in my ears, murmuring, "scary...". It actually wasn't scary, it was actually kind of stupid. I love Will Smith: he's one of my favourite actors, but this movie wasn't good. It had a lot of potential though, but yeah... the computer animated animals and monsters were just bad and then with fifteen minutes to go two new characters are introduced and the whole thing about the virus running amok and essentially turning people into vampires was pretty silly. It was kind of like "Shaun of the Dead", but unfunny.
Just wrote about all the weird dreams I had last night but decided to delete them because you will all think that I am insane. Or moreso. Whatever.
Alright. I should go for my run while I still have some oatmeal powering me.
I AM NAPPING WHEN I GET BACK.

No comments: